September 10, 2017
8:00 am - 6:30 pm
Metchosin Municipal Grounds (behind the Fire Hall)
4450 Happy Valley Road
- 5 km Run/Walk
- Scouts Pancake Breakfast
- The pancake breakfast runs from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Scouts tent afterwhich hotdogs and hamburgers will be served.
- Entertainment - On the stage at the pavilion, there is an excellent lineup of entertainment starting at 11 a.m. You can listen free all day to music from country to jazz to the blues. You can sip on a glass of wine as well as beer or cider while tapping your toes in the beer garden next to the stage. And while you are relaxing take time to win at Chicken Bingo – a chance to help raise money for Scouts.
- Food and Refreshments - Food is available all day. Scouts Canada will be selling hot dogs and hamburgers. Mr. Softie has ice cream and the Lions cool you down with snow cones. Donuts are available from the Donut Man too. The community house offers h ot buttered corn on the cob. Local Metchosinites from Smokin’ Bones and 2% Jazz will provide delicious treats. The best part of Metchosin Day has to be the lamb and salmon BBQ. For only $15 you get a delicious tasting, mouth-watering meal. The wood fire is lit at 5 a.m. to have the lamb cooked just right by the end of the day and the grilling of salmon is grilled to perfection right nearby. It is the best meal deal in town.
- Pet Show and Children’s Events
- Children’s Games
- Junior Firefighter Challenge
- Equestrian Events at the Riding Ring
- Bike Park Jam
- Vehicle Display
- Market - More than 85 vendors will be set up on the village green. A chance to see everything from bags to biscuits, clothing to corn, pottery to produce, fudge to flowers, septic savvy to sheep shearing, and more. Metchosin day has it all!
- Pie Contest
- Horse Displays
- The Metchosin Equestrian Society puts on horse displays each year. Check out the riding ring for events taking place all day.
- On the Grounds - Around the grounds at Metchosin Day you can watch and be part of the Malahat Marauders, the Ranns’ water pump, blacksmiths, face painting, dunk tank, backhoe digger and hayrides for kids, and more!!
- Community House - If you need to take a break and sit for a bit, the community house will be offering tea and scones. Sit and relax while you take in the photography contest.
- Pioneer Museum and Book Store
- Community Awards
Photo by Roger St-Pierre