Light Up the Hills
September 23, 2017
Westhills Community, Langford
Free and open to the public!
The Hills are alive with art, light, and music!
Join us on September 23, 2017 from 7:30-9:30pm in the Westhills community for the second Light Up the Hills festival. Light Up the Hills is a family-friendly outdoor festival of light presented by the West Shore Arts Council and Westhills. Held after dark, featured illuminated artworks will create a spectacular glowing effect throughout the community. Event participants will walk along a designated path, passing by various performances and artworks, and using hand-made lanterns to guide their way. This community-focused event aims to showcase the creativity of local artists, musicians, and performers.
- The featured artworks include three returning from last year’s festival: “Aurora” by Limbic Media, “StalagNight” by Studio Robazzo, and “Luminous Grove” by Joshua Schmidt.
- This year we are excited to include the Phoenix Rainbow Project, which has been featured at several events including Otherworld, Burn in the Forest, Vancouver Pride, and the upcoming 2017 Burning Man festival.
- Local performers include: Circus artist Kaelyn Schmitt, Victoria Conservatory of Music, Maple Leaf School of Russian Ballet, Kaleidoscope Theatre, Allison Marshall, and the Quicksbottom Morris dancers!
There will be three lantern-making workshops in the lead up to the event.
- September 16, 2017 - Centennial Hall - 2805 Carlow Road. Drop-in from 3-6pm. Register here.
- September 19, 2017 - Royal Canadian Legion Branch 91 - 761 Station Ave. Drop-in from 3-6pm. Register here.
- September 20, 2017 - Coast Collective - 318 Wale Rd. This intermediate to advanced lantern-making workshop has limited registration and will take place from 4:30-7:30pm. Register here.