Follow the Galloping Goose to the Coast Collective Outdoor Art Event
August 25, 2018
12 - 4 pm
7-Eleven parking lot on Wale Road near the Coast Collective
310 Wale Rd, Building A, Colwood, BC V9B 0J8
Saturday, August 25 from 12 - 4 pm
7-Eleven parking lot on Wale Road near the Coast Collective Gallery & Art Centre
The Coast Collective is holding a free outdoor event to celebrate their Galloping Goose: Urban and Rural Landscapes gallery show with the meet-the-artists reception (which will be happening on the same day from 1 - 3 pm)! Held in the 7-Eleven parking lot on Wale Road near the gallery, the event features:
- A fun and interactive community art activity (a footprint trail!) along the Goose for the public to join in on
- A pop-up market featuring local art and fine craft by 10 of the Coast Collective's members (Colette Balliston, Linda Byrne, Deb Clay, Amy Frank, Niki Green, Christine Hopkins, Deborah Leigh, Christina Morrison, Susan Romphf, and Lillian Tetreau)
- Live music by Ray Spencer
- Free pizza samples donated by the 328 Taphouse
- Refreshing free iced tea samples by Honestly-T
- A two-hour visit from Fun Finder Corey from Ocean 98.5
- An opportunity to visit the Coast Collective's air-conditioned gallery to meet the artists of the Galloping Goose: Urban and Rural Landscapes exhibition (1 - 3 pm for the reception – gallery open 11 am - 5 pm)
If you are driving to our event rather than travelling along the Galloping Goose, the Coast Collective requests that you respect their neighbouring businesses by parking in spots designated for visitors to Westridge Landing and leave parking open for patrons of the other shops. You can find Westridge Landing parking in the parkade beneath the Holiday Inn (318 Wale Rd, Colwood, BC V9B 0J8).
- - -
Galloping Goose: Urban and Rural Landscapes
Meet-the-Artists Reception: Saturday, August 25 from 1 - 3 pm
Exhibition: August 22 - September 9
Follow the Galloping Goose from the Coast Collective's outdoor event to their gallery, where you can attend the meet-the-artists reception from 1 - 3 pm and check out the beautiful art depicting scenes from along the Galloping Goose trail!
There's a lot to see along the Galloping Goose trail, which stretches from downtown Victoria all the way to Sooke. This exhibition showcases artwork inspired by all the views to be found along the way.