Group Grants are given to Group Members to help fund their activities. To apply you must fill out the application form of the BCAC (British Columbia Arts Council) as described below.
- Group Grants from the West Shore Arts Council are available only to WSAC member groups in Metchosin, Highlands, Langford, Colwood or View Royal for their activities that require funding.
- The largest part of the funding for these grants comes from the British Columbia Arts Council (BCAC) and we receive it in the early part of the following year.
- Member groups must apply to the WSAC no later than November 30. Group grant applications should cover activities taking place from December 1 of the application year until November 30 of the following year. Board decisions on grant applications received by November 30 will be made as soon as possible after we receive WSAC\'s funding from BCAC in Spring of the following year.
You can download the two-page British Columbia Arts Council Community Arts Council Arts Member Groups Assistance form from their site or download from the link below.
How to Apply
To apply, a WSAC Group must submit the following:
- A legibly completed BCAC application form as noted above.
- A typed letter of application stating the specific intended use of the funding.
- Written, pictorial or recorded examples of the group’s endeavours in this field (eg. video, audio tape, photographs, photocopies).
- The Group’s official budget for the year indicating their financial status.
- Send or deliver the application and supporting materials to the WSAC office at the address set out on the Contact Us page.
Conditions of a Grant
If you are awarded a WSAC grant you must fulfill the following conditions:
- You must use the award as requested in your application.
- As a condition of the subsidy, you must acknowledge the West Shore Arts Council and the British Columbia Arts Council in your activities, (including any website, video or other promotional material relating to the activities for which the Grant was used).
CRD Arts Development Project Grants
Capital Regional District
These grants provide support for
- arts organizations that work on a project-to-project basis;
- new and emerging arts organizations;
- arts organizations doing one-time programs or development projects.
Projects must be carried out in the CRD.
Project Grants deadlines are the second Friday of January and the first Friday of May at 4:30 p.m.
For More Information
Please contact the CRD Arts Development Office for more information: