WSAC Group Grants
WSAC Group Grants are given to member groups to help fund their activities. Apply as described below.
- Group grants are available only to WSAC member groups operating primarily in Metchosin, the Highlands, Langford, Colwood or View Royal.
- Member groups must apply to the WSAC no later than November 30 for funding for activities taking place from December 1 of the application year until November 30 of the following year.
- Board decisions on grant applications received by November 30 will be made as soon as possible in Spring of the following year. The amount of funding available each year for this program varies, dependent on the amount of funding received by the WSAC.
How to Apply
Download the two-page West Shore Arts Council Member Group Assistance form HERE.
Submit the following items:
- a legibly completed application form as noted above;
- a letter of application, preferably typed, stating the specific intended use of the funding;
- written, pictorial or recorded examples of the group's endeavours in this field (eg. video, audio, photographs, posters, photocopies);
- the member group's official budget for the year indicating their financial status.
Post, email or deliver the application and supporting materials to the West Shore Arts Council office as set out on the Contact Us page.
Conditions of a Grant
If you are awarded a WSAC grant you must fulfill the following conditions:
- use the award as requested in your application;
- acknowledge the West Shore Arts Council in your activities, (including any website, video, poster, newletter or other promotional material relating to the activities for which the grant was used);
- report the outcome of the activity(ies) funded by the grant (by email, letter or other method, preferably showing your acknowledgement of the WSAC).
CRD Arts Development Project Grants
The Capital Regional District grants provide support for:
- arts organizations that work on a project-to-project basis;
- new and emerging arts organizations;
- arts organizations doing one-time programs or development projects.
Projects must be carried out in the CRD.
Project Grants deadlines are the second Friday of January and the first Friday of May at 4:30 p.m.
For More Information
Please contact the CRD Arts Development Office for more information: